Dear Members of Trinity Lutheran Church,
We have been keeping as up-to-date as we can on information regarding the coronavirus from official sources. Information is constantly changing, and we will update you as quickly as possible to any additional major actions beyond what is described below. Above all, we speak with Psalm 27:1, “The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Wednesday March 18th Lenten services will be online only. You can watch the service starting at 12:10PM or anytime afterward as it will be recorded and available here.
- We will announce the status of services for the weekend of March 21st/22nd on Thursday, March 19th.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home!
- Those staying home are encouraged to take advantage of our Livestream capabilities.
- When you come to worship, we encourage you to spread out across our expansive sanctuary. Remember, there’s lots of space in the front!
- Anyone at high risk, anyone nervous or anxious, or with compromised immune systems, are encouraged to stay home from worship at this time.
- Instead of handshakes or hugs, please give a holy howdy (wave).
- The offering plate will not be passed. You may leave your offering in the plate as you leave worship.
- Friendship registration pads have been taken out of the pews for the time being. We encourage you to bring your own pen with you to worship and fill out an individual communion card this weekend.
- We will be making some modifications to the distribution of the Lord’s Supper for the protection of the worshipers.
- The nursery is closed.
Other programming: After prayerful consideration, we also have made some other important decisions designed to keep everyone safe. The following are cancelled until further notice:
- We are canceling Lenten Meals, the Easter Breakfast, and Sunday morning donuts.
- Sunday School is cancelled until after schools re-open.
- All Bible studies
- Ladies Lunch Out
- Surviving Spouses
- Youth Bible study
- Young Adults Events
- JOY event
- Homebound Service
- Leaders of other Bible study groups and church boards can and should make an individual call as to future meetings. We ask that you communicate this clearly to your team/committee/group and to the church office.
We are here to help!
If you are an older adult, at risk due to a lowered immune system, or simply in need of some extra help at this time, please contact Pastor Schwartz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Pastor Haak (email@example.com), or DCE Mark Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org). They will contact caring members of Trinity who will assist with obtaining groceries, running errands, or with other needs. Remember – as brothers and sisters in Christ – we are here to help each other! Are you one of those willing to assist fellow members in need? If so, please contact Pastor Schwartz, Pastor Haak, or DCE Mark Cook ASAP. Or maybe you just need a Pastor or an Elder to come by for a visit or to bring holy communion? Please don’t hesitate to contact one of the pastors or the church office. We are determined to share Jesus Christ and His love with you in your hour of need! As long as we are healthy, we will continue to make pastoral visits.
Please check our website regularly and continue to read our email updates. Conditions and circumstances are changing rapidly. Everyone should continue to monitor our website for up-to-date information. If you know someone who doesn’t have access to email or a computer, please call them and explain the basics of this letter to them. Finally, pray. Pray for God’s protection. Pray for those caring for the sick and the suffering! Pray for wisdom for those who are seeking to lead and guide us in this time.
God’s peace and strength,
Pastor Nate Schwartz (816) 806-6796 (email@example.com)
Pastor Joel Haak (507) 250-0828 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DCE Mark Cook (507) 722-1323 (email@example.com)